Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birdie says... BLOG CANDY


So Birdie says... BLOG CANDY!

This stamp just cracks me up... I know I say that a lot and it's obvious that I do need to venture out from my stamp room a little more. So you want these stamps... they are up for grabs, generously provided by Wendy at Repeat Impressions. So just leave a comment below and they could be in your little stampin' hands! Want more than one chance at them... OK you can leave a second comment on another day's visit and increase your odds. Leave a comment by midnight Sunday, that's this Sunday, the 27th. I'll have the husband draw a name, while again trying to explain to him what blog candy is.... winner to be posted Monday.

On to the card details which I think I kept pretty simple... I colored birdie and the "inside the card kitty" and feathers with Copics, cut them out with Nesties, of course. I'm trying to be patient for the new Nesties... it's hard though. The DP is My Mind's Eye and I mirrored the design in the paper with the trimming on the bottom. I edged the DP with a cat's eye. I also thought the criss-cross on the ribbon tied in to the design. So with those few elements and then of course wanting the sentiment and image to be the focal point I could lay off my usual twenty extra details that tend to bog me down sometimes. So really it is simple, no dremel tools used, and the sentiment .... ahhhh... just so sweet! So leave a comment on any topic you choose and good luck.
  • Stamps: by Repeat Impressions- Feathers #916 F, Double Mount Birdie and Kitty #8301U
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Chestnut Pigment Cat's Eye
  • Copics: G000, G82,Y02,Y23, YR24, E47, YG95 N0, O
  • Paper: DP/My Mind's Eye, Chocolate Chip, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Ribbon by American Crafts, Nesties

9 comments:

  1. I love this set of stamps! Being a cat person, I totally appreciate it. This card is a purrfect blend of stamps, papers and colors. I like the bottom edge zig-zag. Even the ribbon mirrors the DP's pattern, how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for offering the blog candy. I can see why that set cracks you up--it cracks me up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those stamps!!! Great card! Can't wait to see it in person on saturday. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have the stamps, but wanted to tell you the coloring on the kitty is really really good!
    Kat Marcy

    PS: If you pull my name out of the hat, give it to Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is the cutest set ever!

    Great Coloring!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! This card would be perfect for my cousin - she has FIVE cats! Even without your "twenty usual details", this card is wonderful! Just enough of this and that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! I love it!!! Oh I have to get those stamps!! Off to tootle around and find where to purchase them (if I don't win them of course :) Fabulous card!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this card is so cute! I love this set!!! Thanks for the opportunity to win it as blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi hi! great blog candy!
    p.s. I was sure that i posted comment few days ago,so today I post it once again:)

    ReplyDelete