Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Simple Triple

Why Simple Triple.... Well it's actually a Simple card, compared to the cherry creation in my last post, and Triple...because it fits in to three challenges on SCS from last week... Yeah... I'm right on time!

Color Challenge: Barely Banana, Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip

Ways To Use It: Use Scoring on your Project

Sharon's Challenge #43: Give Thanks

So a few details about the card... The hearts were stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft on White then roughly colored, using markers and blender pen. The sentiment was outlined with Barely Banana to help it stand out. Then I used a clear glaze pen to go over the hearts and the sentiment--- had my fill of crystal lacquer for a few days at least. Plus I'm too impatient for the CL to dry! The clear Glaze pen adds minimal shine, but kind of deepens the colors. The Scalloped Edge along the bottom is made by a nestie (inserting the paper through the die... cutting only one side, this was a long rectangle die). The Guava Double Stitched Ribbon -- it's stitched in White--- I just used my Banana marker to go over the white stitching. No white showing on this card at all, which is unusual for me. Anyhow.... Really that's about it, all in all a pretty quick card. On the subject of challenges, I will say I used to be not to fond of challenges or club kits (to put it midly)... as I still have the two year mentality of if you tell me this is what I have to use, then I want to use anything but that!!! I just always seemed to get stuck. Well I guess I'm growing up, as I am now finding them an enjoyable starting place for a card, and I find myself using materials, colors, layouts... that I would have never done with out a little shove. Also I love that most are uploaded to galleries on SCS... always neat to see someone else's creativity given the same challenge.

  • Stamps: Dawn Houser's Frendship Set by Inkadinkadoo
  • Ink: Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Banana, Guava, White was used to stamp the hearts on to
  • Other: Chocolate Poly Twill Ribbon, 1/4" Banana Grosgrain, Guava Double Stitched, Clear Glaze Pen, Rectangle Nestie for Scallop Edge, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder, Perfect Layers

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I've always enjoyed the challenges, since they really push me to be creative beyond my usual boundaries... =) Really like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenny. I need to start playing in some of these challenges - as soon as I have a few days at home...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jenny - another beautiful card! I TOTALLY hear you on the challenge/kit thing! I'm still relatively ambivalent about the kits, but - as you said - I find the challenges get my mojo going and nudge me to use things I normally wouldn't or see things in a different way. PLUS - the GALLERIES are how I found you and a few other amazing creative artists!

    ReplyDelete