Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Queen Greenie


OK, maybe there aren't too many friends you could give this card to. But I have one and she's getting it tomorrow.... She collects "Queen" items... but no frogs that I'm aware of.... so I felt the need to add this to her collection.... ever the loving friend, I am. Some may know who is getting this card... are you laughing? I bet you are! Anyway I had fun making it with her in mind the whole time.
This little frog queen is from The Cat's Pajamas... I just got my order and no it was not all CATS... I even got some dogs, but yes of course...mostly cats! So TCP cards coming down the pike soon.
On this little card there are just a few little details I'll share. The Pink Dot paper.... well I added the black circles around the dots with a micro pen. Why... Well I tried to mimic them on my nestie frame and they looked better on the little frame with the outline... so then I had to mimic my hand drawn dots (Copic Pink Marker) by outlining them on the paper. See the little hearts embossed... that is a NEW Cuttlebug folder... landed on the doorstep today.... Love 'em. And the last pink layer is not matted with black again but only edged with a black marker to help set it off from the green. If you don't have Copic markers, let me just say that the Copic Black is the best black marker I have ever owned.... It is black. Not blue-black... but BLACK. I tried to get a close up of Queen Greenie to show off her spiffy spica glitterings.... At first I thought the Spica Pens were not something I really needed. Glad I got them now... the glitter seems to stay put and it's a more "subtle glitz" - I think there is a huge difference using them versus a clear glitter pen to add some sparkle. Finished card is an A2. So I guess that about wraps it up for Queen Greenie.
Oh yeah--- Have you noticed my pictures have not been consistent... well I think my camera, computer and myself are finally on the same page and hopefully they shoud be crisper in the coming posts. I would like to blame it on the camera and/or computer...
  • Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Copics, Spica Glitter Pens Pink and Green
  • Paper: Misc. Pink Dots, Misc. Green, Pixie Pink, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Old Olive Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, CB Hearts Floder, Nesties, Hald Pearls, Pink Rhinestone, Perfect Layers

5 comments:

  1. I *love* your dots. They're way cool. And the "one-sided" ribbon made me make a double-take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy's gonna love it, can't wait to see her reaction! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart-shaped dots! Too cute, and too perfect for this card! I like the pink and green colors, and I love the way you did the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and even better in person. Marcy is so deserving!! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. Great use of color and pattern. Great job, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete