Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pocket Kitty


Christmas in July, Yep! My step-mother has faithfully been making Christmas cards every month... a few here and there. I am usually making my Holiday Cards on December 18th - stamping like a maniac! So I'm starting now... with the best intentions to stockpile a few Holiday Wishes to use later. This card was inspired by the TCP Challenge this week, which was a sketch challenge, you can see it here on Leigh O'Brien's Blog. Did you go look? Yeah, that's right I goofed... my oval should have been placed horizontally to comply with the sketch rules. Oh Well! Never one to follow directions in any other areas either! On to the card...
Fluffles has googly eyes because I smudged black on one eye, normally I consider Fluffles a little more upscale and wouldn't put googly eyes on him. But it was that or a black eye! Fluffles has googly eyes because I smudged black on one eye, normally I consider Fluffles a little more upscale and wouldn't put googly eyes on him. But it was that or a black eye! The Button... Yes I threaded the ivory ribbon through the button holes, and yes it took me a while and a few un-ladylike words. I glued the grey ribbon up under the others.Found out that dew drops are not all the same size, I arranged them small to large on the bottom so you could see the sizes!
I colored Fluffles with Copics. I used Crystal Lacquer on the light bulbs and also re-traced the light cord with a thin black pen to help emphasize that against the grey and black of the cat image. I went over the sentiment with a red Spica pen for a little shine and also outlined portions of the image with a clear glaze pen. Popped my "Fluffles Pocket" up with a little foam tape. I added a little mini scallop edge (done with scissors) and metallic red thread the pocket edge. I just can't stop with the little details sometimes--- Few and Far between is the ten minute card for me!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fluffles
Paper: Going Grey, Dashing SU DP, Real Red, Ivory
Other: Nesties, Dew Drops, Copics, Fine tip Black Pen, Mini Scallop Scissors, Metallic Red Cord, Button, Ivory Taffeta Ribbon, Misc. Grey Ribbon, Foam Tape, Perfect Layers


------------------------------------------------------------

On an exciting personal note-- We had a local Scrapbook show today in our area. So we headed over for a little afternoon shopping.... and I was thrilled to see Stacey Caron the head honcho at Spellbinders sittin' right there doing Wizard demos. I had an original Wizard... one of the ones that her husband manufactured in the early days of Spellbinders. I met her at a past CHA several years back and struck up a conversation and have run in to her through the years. She is fun and so enthusiastic about her products. Well... on the exciting part... me and my pals got a first hand look at all the new dies coming out. That's right... we were feeling pretty special. I wanted them all! Patience.... Good things are coming.... ahhhh... the waiting... so hard.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a seriously intricate card! Please tell me you're not making 80 of those for the holidays--my feelings of inadequacy will just surge right through the roof!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! Speaking of details... I love the border you drew in around the "king". Your kitty is cute. He'd probably be hissing if he knew you posted that picture of him...

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both cards, Jenny!! I AM partial to the kitties, dontcha know. And the little Pet Me kitty...too sweet!

    ReplyDelete