Pages

Friday, July 4, 2008

One for the Birds

I resisted the bird craze for awhile before giving in.... but I've followed the flock and now have several birdies. I liked this fancy feathered guy from Hero Arts "Ornate Bird". I saw the Ways to use it Challenge this week on SCS was BIRDS (WT172) and I thought I'd ink this guy up. Pretty simple little card.. I did use my nesties to emboss the frame on the bird. I stamped my bird then with a tiny piece of tape secured my nestie and ran it through, only embossing. I love that it does three embossed "stacked" edges.The bird I stamped in Chocolate Chip and then used a fine tip brown pen to outline and add some depth by making little cross lines, and a hint of glitter pen here and there.I roughed the edges up here and there to add a little texture, it seemed a bit plain with just a stamped image--but I couldn't find any additions that I liked.
RECIPE:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, White, Pattern Paper by Basic Grey
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Brown Micro Pen, Glitter Pen

Other: Nesties, CB Bird Folder, Crystals, Perfect Layers

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love how you created the bird! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool bird--I'm glad you succumbed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!! I haven't been able to "blurf" lately - too much going on... I can't believe I missed your blog candy - RATS! That's it, I'm subscribing to your blog TODAY!!! Keep the gorgeousness coming, girl - you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete