Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Foo Foo Purple

I know it's a little much, right? It's for a tween girl, so hopefully she will like it... the purple just took over. Purple is one of my least favorite colors to use, to be honest. The little dress stamp from Bloomin' with Happiness had never even had ink on it before today... I always feel good when I use something I have had and neglected. The little dress was colored with Copics and then I used a fine tip purple pen to outline the flowers and the outside of the dress. The frame around the dress and the oval... if you actually read my posts then you know what I did. The Grid.. I pulled out another neglected item, a brass stencil with this grid design. Remember the olden days of hand embossing with a light box? Well, I just ran it through my Big Kick and had it all embossed and pretty in no time flat. Then I secured the stencil to the paper and used it as a mask to stipple some color in the diamonds and outline them with my dotted line and Copic marker. IRL you can see the embossing, the white lines are de-bossed. I used a stipple brush & a little Pale Plum ink on all the white areas of the card, it seemed a harsh white with all the shades of purple going on. In between the purple dotted lines are small dots of glitter pen, looks good in IRL, really. So I know your wondering how this Foo Foo Purple Creation came to be... I needed a card for a tween girl. Sharon's challenge this past Friday was to use Purple and Flowers (SSNOTIME44). The Technique Challenge this week was to use a Grid somehow (TLC177). And it happens to qualify for one more challenge, not intentionally... the Ways to Use It: Mini Madness to use something mini on your card (WT174)... I think my little punched flowers will qualify. Well again... the challenges really do make me step out of my box and use things I wouldn't or just haven't gotten to. Click on the SCS challenge links above to see what others have created.
FYI the Recipe for embossing a Brass Stencil in your Big Kick-- from the bottom up is: Clear Big Kick Plate, Two Tan Spellbinders Polymer Mats, Brass Stencil, Paper, Top Big Kick Clear Plate.
  • Stamps: Bloomin' with Happiness/SU, Sentiment/A Muse
  • Ink: Pale Plum/SU, Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers V99,RV99,V95, Fine Tip Pen Purple Heliotrope/Martha Stewart
  • Paper: White, DP (outermost layer) by K and Co.
  • Other: Brass Stencil Grid, Mini Flower Punch, Nesties, Clear Glitter Pen, Ticket Punch, Perfect Layers, Corner Rounder, Opal Liquid Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all the awesome details.Lucky girl, that 'tween.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... for purple being one of your least favorite, you sure created a beauty of a card-- I'm sure the 'tween you created it for will love it too! Very girly!!

    ReplyDelete