Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Feeling Floral


No I'm not colorblind. I know these colors may seem a bit "off" for flowers... but it's my card! In my house leaves do look like this on my plants... never mind that they are usually dying.

Check out the New Cuttlebug Background! See the little speckles on the black vase... that is Black Spica Glitter Pen and it's better looking IRL. (I know I always say that!) Anyway I used my Copics to color, and just one lone oval nestie... with a red Copic border drawn on it. So very simple. OK... why a black vase... ummm, because black covers up mistakes! Then I decided I liked it black, because it was different! I never seem to have general cards on hand when I need something quick to send... this stamp will be good for doing similar cards that I can have ready to go and use any sentiment inside the card that I need.



  • Stamps: Tulips in Vase #1317 by Repeat Impressions
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Copics: 0, Y28, E27, G000, BG93, R39, R37, R89, Y23, R000, N0
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Misc Red and Yellow card stock, Black
  • Other: Black Spica Glitter Pen, Nesties, Ticket Punch, Cuttlebug Folder, Perfect Layers

5 comments:

  1. I think the colors are lovely - very autumnal....great for a fall birthday....like mine in October ;-) It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Your flower's leaves look like the leaves in my house too! *laugh*

    Using black Spica on the vase is a clever idea! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like it... it's very subdued. Cool texture on the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely image...great with the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice of colors...but it works! I like the sparkly pot!

    ReplyDelete