Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

a DOG on my blog!

I said I wouldn't post another cat card next...
but who would of thought... a doggie! This little guy was a buck at JoAnn's... Hard to resist the dollar stamps... You can't buy anything for a dollar hardly and I think he's pretty cute! I know I've gone "cute crazy" lately... I attribute it to my Copics... because I want to color everything and the cute images are perfect for that. I'm glad I took the plunge and went "Copic" - The continuing problem I have with them is there are so many darn colors, and I'm constantly wanting more! Enough of me whining... let's talk about the DOG on my blog! The card base, frame and pooch's hat are Basic Grey's Pistachio. I paper pieced the hat and did add some detailing and shading with markers. The frame was made with a Spellbinder's Die It has several nested frames to cut and emboss). I left the paper in my die to use as a mask and colored the diamonds brown (the diamonds are the open part that embossed) and then removed and added some more rough color around the edges. Check out my little brad... I just found these at a recent show... maybe I'm behind the times but I had not seen these before... Love that little loop! Not to enable anyone... but here's a link to the little loopy brads at EyeletOutlet.com . Have these been around an I just missed them or are they new? Me thinks they are pretty clever. The card base I stamped several times with SU's Weathered Background in Chocolate Chip and the NEW '08 In Color Kiwi Kiss. Ahhhh the new colors are here... but how to say goodbye to River Rock and Blue Bayou? I think that about sums it up for this little doggie. And I'll confess.... I bought a whole dog set of stamps by Inkadinkadoo, they were on sale and way too cute to pass up. Plus my dog friends are really tired of the endless VERY CUTE cat cards that say things like "Cat's Rule and Dog's Drool" ... don't know why they don't like them? Go Figure.
  • Stamps: Chihuahua by Inkadinkadoo, Sentiment by Stamping Sensations, SU's Weathered Background Stamp
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Copics
  • Paper: Basic Grey's Pistachio, Black, White, Rust
  • Other: Loopy Brad, White Twine, Perfect Layers, Cuttlebug Folder, Spellbinder's Frame

4 comments:

  1. Your Taco Bell dog is so cute. I bought this stamp and have yet to use it. Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Cute! I love all the shading and dimension you've got going on! I may have to "go Copic" soon....*sigh*...one more addiction to feed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're right, that brad is awesome... Hmmm, I feel some digi creation coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dog is precious! Yes, you are very behind times, those brads with loops have been out at least a couple of years. You are getting some in your next KK kit!!!
    Kat Marcy

    ReplyDelete