Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

DINO-MITE

DINO-MITE! How cute is this little $1 stamp from Michael's! This card just came together with all those colors to choose from it was easy pickin'. I stamped little Dino and colored him with my Copics, then gave him some glitter pen spikes on his back. To create the dot spots I used my White Signo Gel Pen and made little dots, let them dry, then I flaked them away with my fingernail. I didn't want the Bright white... what stayed was a more subtle flat white, to help emphasize the dots I used a marker to circle them, making them slightly more pronounced. I used a clear glaze pen over Dino's body, he needed a little shine! The star paper -- I used my Colorbox Cat's eyes in coordinating colors to the paper and just stamped a few stars, then I used a micro tip pen and roughly outlined them. The Edge is a Martha Stewart punch - my first of her punches... and I must give it a thumbs up as it punched very clean and easy through the card stock. Next my favorite... the BUTTON... I know you all are wondering how I got that fat ribbon through the little button holes, well I'll tell you. I used my Dremel tool to make the holes bigger. I thought I was so clever! I put the button on a little wood block taped it down (to avoid the drilling of a finger) and drilled right through easily and quickly. I bought that Dremel a few years ago for the sole purpose of drilling through dominoes! Thrilled that I could dust it off and find another use for it! Anyhow, I have really blabbered on about this card...
RECIPE:
Stamps: Star/Endless Creations, Dino/Vap Scrap Stamps
Ink: India Black, Copics, Fine Tip Micro Pens for Outlining, Colorbox Cat's Eyes for stamping the Stars.
Paper: Patterned paper is from the "Kid's Stack 4x6 Block"/Die Cuts with a View, Misc Cardstock: White, Blue, Green
Other: Brocade Blue 3/4" Grosgrain Ribbon/SU, Martha Stewart's Edge Punch, Button & Dremel Tool, Perfect Layers, Nesties

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Jenny! I read with avid interest your technique for the dots--great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is darling!! Can;t wait to borrow her!! Love the card. Miriam

    ReplyDelete