Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Claudia's Dress in Charcoal with Aunt Fran's Pearls

On the Girly theme still from Sharon's Friday Challenge, just more grown up girly! This card was a fun card to make. I had not combined stamps to make a background in some time. I just used post it to mask one stamp over the next. I went back with a small stipple brush and added some grey in between images. For the main image I stamped SU's Floral Background stamp then used that to paper piece the dress. Under the dress and bodice I tucked some Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon. I used basic Grey and Black inks only, sponging around my nestie oval, I also drew the inner circle using the Nestie frame in black to help define the edge. The little mini strung pearls are my favorite addition to the card. I've been hoarding these, even though I have two strings of them, it's hard to use them and think of sending them away. The lace I secured behind the oval after I touched it up here and there with some grey ink, it was too white, and needed to be toned down. The Cuttlebug background was made by brayering White Pigment ink on to one side of the folder, then embossing... I believe the technical term is "Cuttlebug Smush". I love black, white and grey combos when doing cards, they always seem to come together easier for me, less choice for me to mull over again and again!

Recipe:
Stamps: Dress/Inkadinkadoo, Floral Background/SU, Passport/Rubber Stampede, Carte Postal Letter/Rubber Soul, Lg Post Card/ Stampabilities, Bridge Postage/Hero Arts, Paris/Invoke Arts
Paper: White, Going Grey, Black
Ink: Versafine Black, Going Grey, Whisper White Craft
Other: Grey Taffeta Ribbon, Lace, Cuttlebug Folder/Textile, Perfect Layers, Ticket Punch, Black Micro Pen, Mini Pearl String, Half Pearls

4 comments:

  1. OMG, that is really cool but so "un-Jenny"!!!!! Good job.
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I really love it!! The background paper is fantastic and the embellishments are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Claudia will love this card and the addition of aunt frans pearls will thrill her. I changed my mind, you must send this to her. I feel like it is a family tribute. Just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete