Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Almost Human

Who would you send a card like this to? Oh... I have several people in mind.... like my boss, who can take it as well as give it! His birthday is just around the corner too. This little guy just begged to be paper pieced with some funky paper! I paper pieced his body, added the googly eyes and then outlined him with a fine tip green pen to give him a little glow. Circles and Scallops were all nesties... I used the inner frame of the nesties to draw the thin black circle and the thin white scallop edge. I popped up the whole center image. The background paper -- I started with the funky green DP and stamped SU's On Safari background stamp in Versafine Black tore the edge and sponged it with black, repeated the same for the other white side, the center is just the DP with no stamping. Then came the layers, which of course go on and on. The first layer of white has a thin black line... I used the edge of my perfect layers to draw that line. Then I sponged the edges and used my ticket punch in the corners.... and can you see the most perfectly matching little brads. How or why I had this color... I don't know! And that green ribbon... again... why I bought this neon lime ribbon... I don't know. But I like the way it all came together and the sentiment just makes me giggle....and I don't think my boss frequents my blog so the surprise won't be ruined!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Inkadinkadoo - lizard and sentiment / SU's On Safari Background
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Fine Tip Pens in Lime Green and Black
Paper: Black, White, Green Squiggle DP by PSX
Other: Grey Tafetta Ribbon, Lime Green Sheer Ribbon, Brads, Nesties, Perfect Layers, White Signo Pen

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and funny card. Love that stamp and all your perfect layers...wish I had some perfect layers - mine's still on backorder ;-(

    Me likey your new banner VERY much! I shall be contacting Ms. Heather myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new banner, Jenny! The watermark is too cute, too. I am so glad I subscribed to your blog - you have such great ideas! This is a fun card and using the Nesties as templates to trace around is GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it. The card is adorable (like the baby in diapers was too). And I really LOVE your new banner!!! Very, very nice. I hope you are enjoying your FRIDAY off????? I suppose you are going to the scrapbook show with Susie Homemaker this afternoon??
    KKMarcy

    ReplyDelete