Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

One Sick Cat

OK... don't fall out... so many postings lately. I know it seems it's feast or famine with me. Anyhow on to the card... This card was inspired by The Cat's Pajama's Design Team's Weekly Challenges. I just found this challenge a little while ago and have been wanting to participate as I love their stamps, a little biased to the cat stamps. Every Tuesday a member of TCP's Design Team hosts the challenge and posts on their blog. Then there is a special gallery for each challenge on SCS. This week's challenge can be found here TCP TUESDAY #13 - COLOR CHALLENGE and other challenge cards in the Splitcoast Gallery. This weeks challenge was to use Olive, Dark Red and Soft Sky... colors I would have never thrown together on my own. Sick Kitty is stamped twice in black and colored with Copics, I cut a second image of the cat and bedspread to give it some "lift" from the bed frame. The two frames around him are cut with nesties and popped up raising the frame around the image. Going to send this card to my dad who is not feeling great and has a strong dislike for cats (to put it nicely), loving daughter that I am. Heehehhee. No worries to him seeing it early as I'm sure he does not frequent my "cat" blog.
Recipe:
Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: India Black, Copics, Real Red SU Marker for the red portions.
Paper: Old Olive, White, Sky Blue, Dark Red
Other: Nesties, CB Folder, SU Soft Sky Double Stitched Ribbon, SU Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Perfect Layers

4 comments:

  1. Yep, my first thought was "WHAT 2 posts in one day??". What is the world coming to??

    And my second thought was how bad I feel knowing that your dad is sick and we took over the house the other night when he should have been in bed. Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon.

    Oh, VERY cute card, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...poor kitty! Great card...thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it.
    But I think the blog candy drawing was illegal, why did Susie the homemaker get it and not me????
    KKMarcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! It popped right out at me. Great layout and colors! Especially liked the story about sending to your dad. What a hoot!! My type of girl!! Love your sense of humor and I hope he feels better soon. Elizabeth Bead Diva
    http://animalscraps.blogspot.com/2008/06/for-love-of-animals.html

    ReplyDelete