Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Designer Dragon

Here's another card from Take Ten Summer Design Challenge Reject Pile! I did get a card published for the challenge, but it was my least favorite of what I sent to them. Just goes to show.. different tastes, opinions and visions. Everyone shares the publications and I thought it would be fun to share what didn't make it for a change. Anyway, this was a reject, but I like it! I have a few stamps that are my all time favorites, this little dragon is in that category. The wooden block looks like it was used as target practice for paint ball, it is so ink stained! I also love the sentiment. The "Daisy D" paper was certainly the inspiration starting point on this card. The circles of course were cut with Nesties. I embossed the dragon and then used a fine brown marker the help define the lines in between the embossed parts. I used a sponge and dabbed the blue and brown to help tie in with the Pattern Paper backgounds. And now that I am looking at this card again I notice the sentiment is completely crooked-- maybe there is a reason it was rejected!! I scanned it super quick and never looked back at it until tonite!

RECIPE: Stamps: Dragon / Rubber Stampede, Sentiment / Amuse Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Chinese Red EP, Fine Tip Brown Marker, Aqua Chalk Ink Paper: Designer paper by Daisy D, Misc Cardstock- Red/ Brown / Aqua/ White Other: Half Pearls, Ticket Punch, Copper Brads, Nesties, Perfect Layers

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OH -- I did say something about BLOG CANDY earlier too. I love my nesties and Spellbinder's has kindly donated a NEW SCALLOPED PAISLEY NESTABILITIES DIE SET for someone.... maybe you! So please leave a comment on this post and Friday I will post the winner, leave an email addy so I can contact you. I'm going to cut up the names and do it the old fashioned way and pick one out of a bag... I'll let the husband draw the name. How many blogs do you check regularly? Ten? Two? Twenty? I have a good top ten that I visit very regularly....and about twenty more that I look at often. What's your number? Leave it below in a comment for your chance to win! Good Luck........




11 comments:

  1. Dude, what's wrong with those editors... I think that one is particularly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have fallen in love with the nesties. Thanks for posting ideas on how to use them with design paper.! -Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo and the layers. Pretty card. You continue to inspire me.

    Blogs... I currently have 7 I check every day. But I continue to add new ones.

    Sue P - Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Thank you for offering the blog candy. Gotta love the nesties.

    heidi@dicarlo1.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I need a lot of inspiration, so I check yours about every 3-4 days. I subscribe to a number blog feeds, but they don't all post every day. I also have a few blogs I visit occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, pick me, pick me! I really want that paisley nestie set! ;-)

    Blogs I visit - entirely too many. Would you believe 75? Oops, add one more - I just found Marcy's in your list and added it to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's mine, mine, mine.
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I check about 6 or so. I want those nesties! So pull my name...mlnapier@yahoo.com
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I check at least 5 blogs every day - kind of a treat to myself. Thanks for the blog candy - would really like to have this set.

    Barbara S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I love the theme!

    Honestly...I check about 25 or so blogs a day when I get the chance! I just love looking a new ideas and all of the talent that is out there!! Thanks for the chance for the blog candy! Looks like a fun set! Thanks for all of the inspiration too!!

    Kari ~ dragonflyimpressions@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am I too late? If not, Yay! Thanks for the chance, though.

    ReplyDelete