Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Blog Candy & a Card


Last day to sign up for blog candy.... leave a comment under this posting Designer Dragon for your chance at some Nesties. I'll print the names and draw a winner after midnight today. Winner posted Saturday, June 28. Only 10 people have left a comment... which tells me no one wants it or everyone is deleting my posts before they read it.... hmmmm. Regardless, chances of winning are in your favor!

This card again is about using pattern paper. The circle paper is from Basic Grey, it came with an accompanying tag with the same pattern in a smaller version. Which got me thinking you could do this with any patterned paper... just scan or copy your favorite paper and then shrink it down to have a coordinating focal image. The little green thingies are usually for the center of prima flowers but I stuck them under the flower and they just flop around. My husband would ask why does the paper look dirty, and still not understand if I tried to explain "distressed or shabby"! I had to rough up the blue/periwinkle layer that adhered to the card.... I got to the last step and realized my whole panel was crooked. So I just roughed it up with the edge of my scissors so nothing was perfect and stuck it on! A mistake has many ways to "work out" in the end (well, most of the time-- some things are unable to escape the trash bin).


Thanks to all of you who do leave comments, really I love reading them, including anything you feel is missing that I need to be doing... leave a note.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Sentiment/Endless Creations, Flower/Hero Arts
Ink: Versafine Black, and Fine Tip Black Marker for inner frame.
Paper: Circles and Red panel by Basic Grey, Periwinkle Cardstock, SU Chocolate Chip
Other: Nesties, White Sticky Dot, Green Floppies


1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, your distressing comment made me giggle. Love your "save" -- it's a great looking card!

    ReplyDelete