Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Violet Vellum

I know I've been absent again. I was called a "bad girl" and told to get some new stuff posted! So here is something brand new! The card base on this card is actually vellum (it is a heavy vellum 80#, which allows it to stand on it's own). I embossed the Baroque Motif Swirl on the vellum using Lilac Classic ink and Clear Detail EP. The I dragged an Almost Amethyst ink pad across it and rubbed away the excess ink. I tried to take the picture so you could see the translucency of the vellum. I don't know if I accomplished that, but I was getting frustrated and well this is it! The white panel I stamped the flower sprig, then colored them in completely with my Lilac SU Marker. I used my water brush to remove some color on the petals for shading. The inside flower embossed in white and used my Lilac marker and water brush to shade the color. I also used a fine tip black marker to outline inside the flower petals. Felt it just needed some more definition. The smallest square mat has the Floral Background stamp in Almost Amethyst, border outlined with Lilac. Purple is not one of my favorite colors, but the colors were still on my desk from a play date with stamp friends. Even though it's purple I think I kind of like how this one turned out.


RECIPE: Paper: White, Black, Vellum 80# Ink: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Clear Detail EP, India Black Ink, Micro Black Pen Stamps: Baroque Motif, Embrace Life, Endless Creations Birthday Sentiment, Floral Background Other: Purple Rhinestone Brad, Nestabilities

1 comment:

  1. Ok, well as a purple-lover... This is *beautiful*!!!!!! Really gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete