Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blackberry Bird

This color scheme made me hungry for some black berries... hence the name. Also "Black Bird" came on my iPod while I was I was making it! On to the actual card... The bird I inked up with Bravo Burgundy Craft, then I tapped Black craft ink around the edges of the stamp to mingle the colors on the stamp. I cut him out and popped him up. I could have jazzed the bird up with some crystals, but I kind of liked it the way it was. Maybe it was the influence of the song. The panel the bird sits on is a great background stamp with different artist's signatures all over it. I found the perfect match DP to frame it... that's why I can never clean out... I just might need that very color one day. The lowest panel I stamped in Bravo Burgundy Classic and sponged the edges with Burgundy and Black. Three little dew drops for accents. I used my deckle scissors to edge the white.

RECIPE: Stamps: Bird (Inkadinkadoo), Artist's Signatures (JudiKins), Weathered Background (SU) Ink: Bravo Burgundy Craft and Classic, Black Craft Paper: DP by Paper Pizazz, White, Black Other: Nesties, Dew Drops, Ticket Punch, Deckle Scissors

1 comment:

  1. Blackberry Bird is beautiful. Yellow Bird and Blue Bird approve!
    Sue P

    ReplyDelete