Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bits of Buttons


Well my Flourishes order landed today (my birthday gift to myself!) and it didn't take long before they were inked up! I do not have a big enough acrylic block to stamp the complete image (irritated at myself I didn't check) I knew I had a large block, but it turns out I'm a quarter inch short on width. Anyway... guess what I'll be purchasing next. DP is Bali Breeze... love this green, the square was cut with nesties.

The flower center is a center piece from a button. You can get these buttons in a big grab bag at Mike's for a few dollars... The buttons by themselves are a bit much for most cards... but I pop the center piece out, then clip off the thingy on the back. I have used both on cards the centers and the outer pieces (which after you pop out the center is flat on the back) in different ways. I flipped one button over in the pic so hopefully what I'm saying makes sense with the visual aid! The pearls are from a sheet and the adhesive was connecting them in a long row. I snipped of a portion and keeping the adhesive intact I just made them lay in a circle. This card was again inspired from Sharon's challenge, this week it was to use a black accent and stamp simply.

RECIPE: Paper: DP Bali Breeze, Whisper White Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Stamps: Lots of Thoughts (Sale-A-Bration set), Flourishes Other: Flowers, 2 brads, Nesties, Button Bit!, Pearls





Card #2 - Swirls and Stars
This card was made next with mostly the same materials, still heaped all over my desk. When I sat down with Sharon's challenge in mind, I originally wanted to use black wire as my accent. I love using wire and it was getting a bit dusty. Well the first card just went in an entirely different direction. But on this one I worked in some wire and my star nesties which I had not used yet. I love to use wire from the hardware store. You can get 18 gauge (which is easy to work with and it keeps it shape perfectly) in copper, steel, aluminum and brass. It is usually sold where the picture hanging supplies are located. The sentiment on the card is from Wordsworth. I love quote stamps, and Wordsworth is a favorite. I created the border on the stars with a Signo Pen and a Black Copic.



RECIPE: Paper: DP Bali Breeze, Whisper White, Black Ink: Versafine Onyx Black Stamps: Wordsworth, Flourishes Other: Ribbon, Star Nesties, green crystals, 18 Gauge Steel Wire, White Signo Pen, Black Copic

No comments:

Post a Comment