Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

River Rock Riot



When I first saw this stamp in the new catalog.... I loved it. Ordered it ASAP. Could not wait to ink it up. This is the first card I have made with it. A few attempts at it were made when I first got it... all I created was some colorful trash. Finally I gave it another try. I do still love this stamp, it just wasn't the easiest to create something with for me. It is drop dead awesome when water colored, but I don't have that much patience, and I admire all the watercoloring I have seen in the gallery for Riot of Petals. I think this card came together fairly easily, because of the colors. When I saw the color challenge on SCS this week... well it's a favorite combo of mine already. I used my petite scallop nestabilities to trim out the flower and then cut a few petals out. The swirls are from a Sizzix die, cut in black and white and overlayed. My flower I used my Copics in grey tones to add some depth and then some white signo pen here and there. This was really a simple and quick card.

RECIPE: Stamps: En Francais, Riot of Petals Ink: India Black Paper: River Rock, Black, White Other: Copics, Sizzix die, Nestabilities, White Signo Pen, Perfect Layers

4 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome to the blog world. I love this card, I am still on the fence about getting it. I also love to see what "Faith" comes up with on her blog with this stamp. Thanks for sharing your awesome talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card. I love the swirls and the flower is FANTASTIC. Everything together the card is quite elegant. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete