Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Rusty River Cowboy

This is all boy... using River Rock, Really Rust and Black! I scuffed up my white background with River Rock and the Sanded background stamp. I inked up my Bronc Buster with Really Rust then I tapped a black ink pad lightly over the rust inked image ....here and there a tap. I sponged both colors around the edges and the dust clouds. Nestabilities circles of course....and I used the nestabilities frame to draw the inner black circle, then doodled some stitch marks around the rust circle. Cuttlebugged the black panel and mounted to River Rock. The Happy Birthday I used the same technique of inking in Rust first then tapping the black ink over it. On the sides of the Birthday Label I used a Really Rust marker to color in. The Label frame is from the new Hodgepodge Hardware in the SU spring mini... I used a sharpie to make it black, then a nail file to sand a bit away so you could see the dot detail and a hint of silver. I fed my little rope through the side holes and frayed the edge.
RECIPE: Stamps: Party Punch, Bronc Buster, Sanded Ink: Really Rust, River Rock, Black India Ink Paper: Really Rust, Black, White, River Rock Other: Nestabilities, Designer Label Punch, Fine Tip Black Marker, Really Rust Marker, Cuttlebug, Small Rope, Sharpie, Perfect Layers

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the techniques on this one--I really like how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, I really like this. Now I need that Cuttlebug embossing folder, lol.

    I am also a big fan of the Sanded stamp, we call it the Basic Gray Maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fabulous!! I love how you colored the horse and sentiment!! I just borrowed this set from my mom and can't wait to ink it up!! Everything here is really great, I love black and white too and that card is fabulous!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete