Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Caramel Medallion



OK- I feel I can now put my piercing supplies away... After this card I'm about half blind from poking those teensy little holes in the template! Then I decided to color in the tiny flourishes on the Kind Thoughts Medallion. I did just get some new glasses... guess I felt the need to really test them out! Sometimes you finish a card and think "Oh-- this is so cute" other times... "Thank goodness I'm done with that one". This card goes in to the second category. Card details... Ornare Template for the piercing... prick paper a million times! The medallion I colored with a caramel colored and black copic marker, then I sponged Creamy Caramel ink over it and the pierced layer. I trimmed off the side of the Kind Thoughts medallion... just didn't look right, then trimmed in black, and layered from there. Card base is 5x5 and I stamped Kind Thoughts in Black around the edges. It will be a while before I use this template again! Off to rest my strained eyes!

RECIPE: Stamps: Kind Thoughts Paper: Creamy Caramel, White, Black Ink: Going Grey, Black Other: Copics, Black Rhinestones, Teeny Golden Pearls, Ornare Piercing Template

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the tired eyes... but unfortunately: it's beautiful!!! =) So are your other two cards you posted since I've been gone--love the pink one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you're half blind....but ohhhh this card is gorgeous. The piercing is ....it makes me speechless. The colours in the centre are incredible. WOW! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond gorgeous -- you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card was worth all the effort, as well as the eyestrain--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO beautiful! What a LOT of time an work went into that piercing--fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog while looking up Ornare templates, and I have to say you have certainly created some truly magnificent cards! I *meant* to just research a needlework project for which I need the template, but wow ... you make me want to go pull out my old rubber stamps and card stock. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete