Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Basic Grey

Basic Grey... kind of boring you may think, not a color you reach for.... not so boring to me. I love black and white ... throw in some grey or some red and it always works for me. I still had my paper piercing stuff on my table from earlier so I decided to prick some more paper! That was the first element and then I built the card around that. I also used the backside of the paper... so the paper pricks push outward, then colored the pattern inside the piercing. I used the Print Pattern background and stamped it in Basic Grey. Then a black sharpie and a ruler to create the lines... a little black circle in between... and a silver metallic sharpie to put a small inner dot. The flowers are from Kind Thoughts stamped in black on white paper.... then I colored and doodled them using grey copics and black and silver.The little silver circle in the pierced pattern is a ribbon piece from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit, I used the sharpie again to color the edge black. The ribbon actually is threaded through it but I didn't like it so I ended up putting a black rhinestone over it.

RECIPE: Stamps: Print Pattern, Kind Thoughts, Elegant Cheer Ink: India Black Ink, Basic Grey Paper: White, Black, Basic Grey Other: Hodgepodge Hardware, Copics, Black and Silver Sharpie Markers, Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon, Nestabilities, Half Pearl, Accent Flowers

1 comment:

  1. Really love that delicate, scrolly piercing on the border -- gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete