Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pinch Me!

Pinch me! First of all, I'm surprised that I am making St. Patrick's Day Cards, second I can't believe I have made some almost a month before the holiday! I'm that stamper that is usually still making Christmas cards on Decmber 23rd, Then finally giving in and saying well ... I'll send New Year cards! St. Patrick's day was an excuse to drink some green beer and party ten years ago...now it means........ CUTE STAMPS! I made these cards on a Saturday night.... oh how life has changed! This little kitty is from The Cat's Pajamas Rubber Stamp Company - the little kitty has an entire series of stamps... his name is Sprinkle and I love him! On to the details.... The background... I stamped the shamrock on white cardstock and embossed with Clear Detail EP. I used stipple brushes and shaded the rest of the background. I used a Garden Green marker and colored over the text portions in the shamrock stamp and outlined the edges, then wiped away excess ink with a kleenex. I added the dots with a black sharpie and the little dots of gold on top. (My recent dot obsession is from drooling over Markie's Mom's cards, Faith is the Queen of Dots, I love how she edges everything with millions of little dots!) "Pot o' Sprinkle" is stamped in India Ink and then I used my Copics and a gold gel pen to color. The edges are not additional layers. I drew an inner black line using the nestabilities frame and used copics to add the color borders. Then I layered Sprinkle on gold and then black, both with a 1/16" edge. I used my Copic G000 to shadow around the image so it wasn't so bright white, usually I would do this using a light grey or blue, you can't see it very well in my scan. Oh ... and my little gren pearls, almost as cute as Sprinkle! When I stamp a small image like this and don't emboss I like to go over everything with a clear glaze pen at the end for a finishing touch.

RECIPE: Stamps: SU Pinch Proof, The Cat's Pajama's "Pot o' Sprinkle" Ink: Garden Green, Glorious Green, Green Galore, Versamark & Clear Detail EP, India Ink Paper:White, Gold, Black, Garden Green Other: Mini Green Pearl String, Pentel Gold Gel Pen, Black Sharpie, Clear Glaze Pen, Nestabilities--love 'em!), Perfect Layers, Garden Green Marker Copics: G24, G82, FY2, G29, G000

More Sprinkles.... These are in my SCS gallery posted with the details.

A big THANK YOU to all of you that have stopped by my little corner in blog world and subscribed to my blog feed. I really enjoy reading your comments and appreciate feedback. Everyone has made me feel so welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable....love this stamp and all the ways you have showcased him!

    ReplyDelete