Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

One Teal Star

I made this card for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challnge #23 Flourishes (keyword ssnotime23) posted on her blog. You were to use some kind of Flourish on a card... you can see Sharon's challenge info here. I black embossed French Flair on White cardstock (I cut the birds out of my stamp). Then I used my water brush and Taken with Teal to shadow around the black swirls. The star I black embossed, then embossed a second star with Taken with Teal, trimmed the edges a little smaller and popped the Teal one over the black one. I did some little doodles around the white edge because it just looked really white in the upper left corner. I added some glitter pen (well a lot of glitter pen) on the edges of the swirls and star, but it does not show up in the scan. I outlined the black layer with my white signo pen.
RECIPE: Stamps: French Flair, Star (Art Impressions), Sentiment is by Amuse Ink: Taken with Teal, Versafine Black, Craft Black and Clear Detail EP Paper: White, Black, Taken with Teal Other: Water Brush, Glitter Pen, Taken with Teal and Fine Tip Black Markers, White Signo Pen.

2 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous -- I LOVE the swirls of French Flair!!! This is just so beautiful -- lovely colors as well!!! I'm so glad you played again -- thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card, Jenny!
    I received your gorgeous RAK in the mail and will post it on Saturday!
    Thanks so much! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete