Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chocolate Valentine


My husband's Valentine... He is still working so I had plenty of last minute time to get a card made. This one of the new SU sets available in March... Essence of Love. I love the quote and the image. I first stamped the image three times in in a row using Close to Cocoa. Then I used my stamp positioner to stamp over that in Chocolate Chip. I roughed up and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip. I matted to Close to Cocoa with a 1/16" edge. Then mounted to one more layer-- the new Stitched background stamped in Chocolate on White. Card base is Chocolate Chip. Finished with a bow of Satin Chocolate Chip ribbon... this ribbon is heaven, I wish I had bought more! I did get some real Chocolate for him too!

RECIPE: Stamps: Essence of Love, Stitched Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White Other: Chocolate Satin Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. *groan* You're making me hungry!! Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the stamp and the bow really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first card I've seen made with this set. It is gorgeous~ I think I'll have to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most perfect bows I have ever seen! What is your secret? This card could sell this set. Absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have to do a tutorial on how you make such beautiful bows. I love your card and have CASED it. Come see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Now I know I have to have that set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! I love it!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete