Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

My First Blog Entry!

Well, Here I go... If you're reading this then I thank you for your time and for visiting my brand new little blog. I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself. I work full time four days a week, and try to stamp the other three, which never seems to work out quite the way I plan. I am a fairly new Stampin Up! demonstrator. I joined SU in Fall of 2007. I have been stamping for about 6 years now and last summer got completely hooked with the matching paper, ribbon, inks.... Stampin UP! makes it easy and saves my creative time by not having to hunt down the right colors for my project. So I enjoy SU products but still love to mix and match and have a huge range of companies that I could list as favorites. I have been married for six years. My husband sometimes thinks I'm nuts with all my stamps, but he loves that I have a hobby that I enjoy so much. We have one beautiful, totally smart, spoiled cat (Breed: Humane Society), who runs the entire house. I named my blog "One Krafty Kat" for several reasons ....

  1. I have one cat... and he is pretty crafty, just not in a paper and ink kind of way.
  2. I have a group of friends that are my main stamping and shopping enablers, there are four of us and we are the "Krafty Kats". Three of the four have cats and yes, we are those "cat people". We get together often and share our work, go to dinner, shop for stamps, try new techniques... the emails are always flying updating each other on the latest and greatest new thing that we must have. We always have a blast! So my blog... One Krafty Kat.
  3. And the last reason... it was the only name available out of the ones I thought about!
I think that's enough of the boring stuff for now. I want to post a card! For now I am scanning most of my cards as I try and work out the best way for me to photgraph my cards so you can see more detail.


So here is my first ever Fluffle's card. I have to admit Fluffles was a bit on the cutesy side for me... but this stamp was soooo adorable I had to have it. I used my Copics to color and added a touch of of glitter pen to the fish and a clear glaze pen on the hearts. The circles are all cut from Nestabilities and I used my Japanese Screw Punch to make the holes in the scallops. I used embroidery floss in between the scallops, this idea came to me when I was trying to bring in the color of the fish to the rest of my card. Orange and Red.... not so hot, but I think the color combo turned out OK. The corners on the left side of my card well, that was a mistake I made with a punch and needed to cover it up, so I just overlayed another piece of the patterned paper and used a red marker to outline for detail.
Remember I said I was not a big Fluffles fan in the beginning of my post well I thought this stamp was sooooo cute I went looking on line... I bought seven more Fluffles stamps. Just too cute too resist. Now I love Fluffles.

RECIPE: Stamps: Fluffles Fish (by Stampendous), Love You (SU Short and Sweet) Ink: India Black Ink, Versamark and White Detail EP, White Signo Pen, Stardust Glitter and Glaze Pens Paper: Pattern Paper is Paper Pizazz, Flat Red Metallic Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock Other Products: Cuttlebug Hearts Folder, Nestabilities, Small Country Heart Punch, 1/16" Eyelets, SU Small Oval Punch.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, I'm loving it! I'm so excited you have set this up. Congrats! I can't wait to see what you post.

    Sue Prather, Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card.. I love those images from Stampendous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J, welcome to blogging! I am also new (saw your comment at Sharon's site)... i love your fluffles card - i always love cute! bx

    ReplyDelete